Today’s Top Ten Tuesday (as always, hosted by the inimitable Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl) is about one of my most favorite things, which is simultaneously many people’s least favorites: school! I was that nerdy kid in all of your classes, asking the teacher if they intended to collect the homework assignment, and raising my hand like Hermione in Potions class every time I knew an answer. Year-round school was a dream for me. In short, I am many people’s worst scholastic nightmare.
In any case, today’s theme is a bit of a “free for all,” in the sense that we can choose any school-related topic and nerd out to our hearts’ delight. I chose what I assume many people will – my top books with a school setting. However, as much as I racked my brain I could only come up with eight, so you’ll be getting a Top Eight Tuesday – not the same alliterative flow, but better for my sanity.
PS: I did not use Harry Potter because it felt like a cop-out.
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson
- One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- The Austere Academy by Lemony Snicket
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- The School for Good & Evil by Soman Chainani
- The Secret Place by Tana French
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Have you read any of these? Any favorites in the bunch, or glaringly obvious books I’ve missed? Let me know in the comments!